Become an Arizona Teacher in 5 Simple Steps
If you’re thinking of becoming a teacher in Arizona, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve broken down the process into 5 simple steps. Begin your teaching journey today and you could be in the classroom this year!
- Apply to Arizona Teachers of Tomorrow through their online free application. Make sure you complete a bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 GPA before applying (any subject). After you apply, send your official transcripts to Arizona Teachers either by eSCRIP-SAFE (email process offered by your institution) or by mail. You will then receive an email from Arizona Teachers within 1-2 weeks with an offer of admission letter. Click the link in the email to accept your admission offer, and then pay your enrollment fee. Once your payment is made you will receive access to the program which is self-paced.
- Start Your Online Training! Once your enrollment fee is paid, you gain access to a custom intern portal that contains all your online training. The training can be access by a desktop, mobile device, or tablet. You will need to complete all your required training modules. These modules take between one to two months to complete depending on your pace. You will need to complete a state-approved SEI course through EDUSOLUTIONS and Obtain your IVP Fingerprint Card. Click here to visit the website to obtain your Arizona Department of Public Safety Identity Verified Prints (AZDPS IVP) fingerprint clearance card. The process usually takes around 7-10 days. Each background check is valid for six years.
- Apply for the Alternative teaching certificate. Click here to begin your application for the Alternative Teaching Certificate through the Arizona Department of Education. Be sure to submit your Verification of Enrollment and your official college transcripts.
- Search for a teaching position. You can start looking for teaching positions immediately after your Alternative Teaching Certificate has been issued. Schools and Human resources require you to have your Alternative Teaching Certificate before interviews. Use free resources to help you secure your position, these can be found on the Aironza teachers website under job search resources. They have a vast library of materials to help you prepare – resume services, interview tips, prep webinars, how-guides on preparing your portfolio and practice interviewing sample questions.
- Start your first year teaching. Once you are hired as a teacher, you will begin teaching with full pay, full benefits, and full support if you select Arizona Teachers of Tomorrow. You receive guidance from your Arizona Teachers Program Supervisor, an experienced educator who will visit your classroom 3 times throughout the year and is always on-call to answer your questions. Click here to learn more about the requirements during your Internship Year.
Upon successful completion of the program requirements and one full academic year of teaching, you will receive your Standard Certification and become fully certified to teach in the state of Arizona! Apply for free, enroll anytime, and become classroom-ready in a matter of months.