A career in teaching allows you to positively impact society by influencing the mindsets of the younger generation and enabling them to integrate into the community successfully as young adults.
As an inspirational teacher, you also are a role model to your learners as you guide them into gaining valuable skills and guiding their character development.
Teachers are also referred to as:
One of the rewards you get for being a good teacher is appreciation from your former students. As adults, we remember great teachers who inspired and encouraged us to pursue our dreams.
Your good deeds of guiding and encouraging learners may be rewarded with positive ramifications many years after your students graduate.
Brilliant teachers that we encountered left a profound impact on us, inspiring us to the values and moral principles by which we live as adults.
Outstanding teacher qualities will help you create a lasting impression on your students.
Such qualities include:
- Devotion to teaching: Inspirational teachers are passionate about their job and are willing to assist learners even after lessons end.
- Eternal positivity: Teachers encourage students to keep trying even after failure. They’re the ultimate cheerleaders to their students.
- Caring: Inspirational teachers genuinely care for their students. They’re concerned about the welfare of their learners beyond the classroom. They identify when students are struggling outside the classroom and help them find a solution.
This article includes quotes about teachers changing lives – find great quotes that you can share with your favorite educator and give them the recognition they deserve.
Inspirational Teaching Quotes
When you are an educator who loves their job, you will inspire your students to learn and love what they learn. Breeding a positive learning environment creates a fun and inspiring learning environment where they can thrive.
Parents also embrace your enthusiasm, establishing the confidence that their children are under the care of passionate teachers.
Your passion to teach today’s students sets the standards for the other teaching staff. They will be inspired to collaborate with you in lesson planning and team teaching, creating a collaborative and supportive learning environment.
Here are some inspirational teaching quotes:
- “I touch the future. I teach.” –Christa McAuliffe.
- “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese proverb
- “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” –Bob Talbert.
- “Teachers can change lives with the right mix of chalk and challenges.” – Joyce Meyer.
- “If you can read this, thank a teacher.”- American proverb.
- “One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai.
- “[Kids] don’t remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are.” – Jim Henson.
- “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” – Robert Frost.
Quotes About Teaching
Great teachers provide quality teaching that grows learner confidence. Learner confidence grows hope which is essential for the learning process.
Quality teaching creates knowledgeable learners by equipping them with essential problem-solving skills, work skills, and good interpersonal skills. It focuses on the life of the students in school and after school.
To create academically successful, well-rounded young people, you must start your career with knowledge, skills, and the disposition to engage learners in learning.
Studies have linked passionate teaching to students’ willingness to learn and experience new ideas. Students will memorize concepts better if you, the teacher, are passionate about the subject area and concepts you are teaching.
To establish passion in your teaching, reflect on the conceptualization of your teaching journey and reawaken your joy of teaching. Analyze what you liked or disliked initially, the mentors that inspired you, and why they were impactful.
Recollect your first exciting teaching moment and your enthusiasm toward teaching. This enthusiasm will restore your zeal for teaching, reignite energy that will guide you into reaching your learners, and motivate you with the energy to stay on course.
Here are some quotes about quality teaching:
- “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” – Phil Collins.
- “Those who know do. Those that understand, teach.” – Aristotle.
- “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” Mark Van Doren.
- “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.”- P. J. Abdul Kalam.
- “A gifted teacher is not only prepared to meet the needs of today’s child but is also prepared to foresee the hopes and dreams in every child’s future.”- Robert John Meehan.
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward.
Funny Teacher Quotes
A sense of humor in the classroom improves learners’ engagement, retention of learning, and student-teacher relationships. Also, embracing a sense of humor will make you less likely to experience burnout and stress, improving workplace quality.
But, students engage better and prefer their teachers to have a sense of humor. Humor commands student attention which is the number one battle you always hope to win as a teacher.
Another significant reason to use humor in class is that it enhances retention. Sprinkling doses of humor throughout the day can engage your student in their learning activities, enhancing their retention and recall abilities.
A sense of humor in the classroom creates an environment where learners of all ages can learn. As you joke about your mistakes, learners recognize that it’s okay to make mistakes. This creates a safe environment where learners are ready to try.
Find some funny teacher quotes that will encourage you to incorporate humor:
- “Good teachers are the ones who can challenge young minds without losing their own.” –Unknown.
- “Educators are the only people who lose sleep over other people’s kids.” –Nicholas A. Ferroni.
- “There are three good reasons to be a teacher –June, July, and August.” –Unknown.
- “Being a teacher is a lot like being a rock star.” – Heidi McDonald
- “The older I got, the smarter my teachers became.” – Ally Carter
- “Being a new teacher is like trying to fly an airplane while building it.”- Rick Smith.
- “A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary.”- Thomas Carruthers.
Teacher Quotes About the Future
Your daily interactions with students impact their educational aspects of life and their future. Many students know what they would like their futures to be like but must be guided on how to get there.
Knowing your students personally helps you realize the kind of help they require to get them to their desired goals.
For instance, you can put them in contact with career advisors and mentors outside school that would guide them in their lives after school.
Investing in your students’ lives shows that you care. This is a way to inspire them to go for their dreams.
Some of the most successful people in the world owe their success to great teachers.
Here are a few highly successful people who credit their success to their teachers:
- Stephen Hawking- The theoretical physicist and author was inspired by his teacher, Dikran Tahta, to do more mathematics and physics.
- Bill Gates- This philanthropist and software developer, the co-founder of Microsoft, attributes his success to the guidance of his math and drama teachers.
- The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets- Singh compiled this book on all mathematical references analyzing them in detail. He attributes his success with his math teacher, who taught him for seven years in a row, inspiring a love for numbers.
Students are future leaders and thinkers; Teachers get to inspire and nurture these future leaders. Therefore, teaching is the foundation of the future, and success depends on it.
A teacher’s influence on the life of a child is invaluable. The student-teacher dynamics hold a critical place in guiding society.
Here are some quotes that confirm that teachers impact students’ futures:
- “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X.
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey.
- “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius.
- “The dream begins, most of the time, with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you on to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth.”– Dan Rather.
- “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” – Margaret Mead
- “I touch the future. I teach.”- Christa Mcauliffe.
- “A teacher presents the past, reveals the present, and creates the future.” -Unknown.
Quotes About Teacher-Student Relationship
Student-teacher relationships are significant in a student’s life, in the short term and the long term.
In the short term, student-teacher relationships create a thriving learning environment in which students develop their self-worth and enhance their mental health. Also, positive student-teacher relationships minimize behavioral problems and enhance academic achievement.
In the long term, a positive student-teacher relationship inspires learner confidence that their ideas are valuable. This confidence breeds hope that becomes their lifelong driving force in their pursuit of academics.
Also, through these relationships, learners appreciate the significance of mistakes as part of learning.
Inspirational teachers leave a lasting impact on the lives of their students, establishing values and virtues that continue to be remembered.
Here are some quotes on the importance of positive student-teacher relationships:
- “Students don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” –Solomon Ortiz.
- “If kids come to us from strong, healthy, functioning families, it makes our job easier. Our job is more critical if they do not come to us from strong, healthy, functioning families.” – Barbara Colorose.
- “When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.”- Dalai Lama.
- “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.”- Carl W. Buechner.
- “It is the teacher that makes the difference. Not the classroom.”Michael Morpurgo.
- “Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the education system.” Sidney Hook.
Quotes About Teachers & Their Impact on Society
Teaching impacts society as a whole. Teachers are involved in guiding pastoral nourishment to ensure the development of well-rounded ethical, and caring citizens.
Teachers are role models, inspirers, influencers, and touchstones in education from early years to adult education.
As a teacher, you are responsible for shaping future leaders by positively inspiring them to be responsible community members.
When you impact society’s children, you have the power to change lives. You are a support system in any dimension that they may be lacking.
Also, by guiding talented learners through the discovery of their talents and abilities, you inspire the learners to go further and dream bigger.
Shaping society is a cyclic affair; the generations you shape are the ones that go on to make a difference.
Here are some quotes on teachers’ impact on society:
- “If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.” – Guy Kawasaki
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Adams
- “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.” – C. S. Lewis
- “To this end, the greatest asset of a school is the personality of the teacher.” –John Strachan
- “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” –Brad Henry
- “Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth.” -Helen Caldicott.
- “Teachers are people who start things they never see finished, and for which they never get thanks until it is too late.” – Max Forman.
Teacher Appreciation Quotes
Though you put a lot of effort into ensuring that your students are set for success, much of those efforts go unnoticed. You shape the lives of your students, imparting them with knowledge and encouraging them to fight, dream, and never give up.
Your relentless efforts prepare your students for success within and beyond academics. Your efforts yield a lot of appreciation from your students. Learners appreciate your support, kindness, dedication to their excellence, and ability to teach them.
Your acceptance of all learners and your ability to make them feel special is a value they dearly appreciate.
Here are some quotes that appreciate your selflessness and passion as an educator:
- “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” –Joyce Meyer.
- “The best teacher of children, in brief, is one who is essentially childlike.” –H. L. Mencken.
- “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” – Karl Menninger.
- “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.”- Albert Einstein.
- “Give me a fish, and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, and I eat for a lifetime.” – Chinese Proverb.
- “When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.”- Dalai Lama.
- “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.”- Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.
The Power of a Great Teacher
Teachers play a significant role in shaping all young people’s lives and society. In our adulthood, memories linger of great, selfless, and passionate teachers that aimed at inspiring us to be the success stories we are today.
Inspirational teachers are the creators of all other professions, from scientists, software developers, program managers, directors, doctors, and all others. Some teachers have inspired their students to want to become teachers to continue with the excellent work of inspiring young minds.
A great teacher sees potential in a young learner even when they don’t see it themselves. They encourage their students to maximize that potential and reach for success.
When you are innovative, you will also bring in creative ways that enhance the understanding of all learners.
You will look for dimensions that capture all learners’ imagination and curiosity, growing their lifelong interest in learning. We are all grateful for all these memorable experiences and inputs from teachers.
Specific steps are required to be a great teacher, including getting the teacher certification.
Your teachers must know how much their students love their teaching style, dedication to work, and success.
Knowing that they inspired a generation is an excellent source of motivation for teachers in their work. You should, therefore, always let an amazing teacher know that they inspired you.
“What greater or better gift can we offer the republic than to teach and instruct our youth?”-Cicero.