Teachers of Tomorrow announced it has formed an Advisory Board to further the Company’s mission of providing school districts and principals the most qualified teacher candidates to fill specific areas of need in an efficient and consistent basis.
The purpose of the Advisory Board is to provide counsel to the Board of Directors and Founder / CEO of Teachers of Tomorrow on strategy with particular emphasis on providing perspective and relationships with respect to improving teacher quality and effectiveness as well as new state expansion, and regulatory and industry trends.
The Advisory Board will be composed of a diverse group of individuals from the academic, business leadership, education policy, and political arenas. In conjunction with the formation of the Advisory Board the following individuals have been selected as inaugural members.
- David Driscoll – 22nd Commissioner of Education for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; Former Chair of National Assessment Governing Board
- Jim Konantz – Former Assistant Superintendent, Los Angeles Unified School District; Senior Vice President of Education Initiatives, K12 Inc.
- Tom Luna – Senior Vice President and Chief Policy Officer of “Project Lead the Way”; Former Superintendent of Public Instruction in Idaho; Former Advisor to U.S. Secretary of Education Rod Paige
- Robert Scott – Former Texas Commissioner of Education and Head of the Texas Education Agency (“TEA”)
- Florence Shapiro – Former Member of Texas Senate representing North Dallas; Chaired the Texas Senate Education Committee for 10 years
- Jane Swift – CEO of Middlebury Interactive Languages; Former Governor for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Paul Vallas – Former Superintendent of the Bridgeport Public Schools; Former Superintendent of the Recovery School District of Louisiana; and Former CEO of the School District of Philadelphia and Chicago Public Schools
“The Teachers of Tomorrow Advisory Board will help us strengthen our operations and better serve both our customers and school districts who seek talented and diverse teachers to lead their classrooms and drive student achievement,” said William Hansen, President and CEO of USA Funds, Former Deputy U.S. Secretary of Education, and Current Board Member of Teachers of Tomorrow.
About Teachers of Tomorrow (www.teachersoftomorrow.org)
Teachers of Tomorrow is the largest, fastest growing Teacher Certification Program in the country, delivering online and in-person training to individuals pursuing a career in teaching. Teachers of Tomorrow is also the #2 most diverse ACP in the country with 46% non-white enrollment. The Company offers a strong value proposition to new teachers and school districts that are seeking to hire highly qualified candidates. Over the last 10 years, Texas Teachers has certified over 35,000 new teachers, and in 2016 the Company trained and certified over 7,000 teachers. In 2015, two teachers trained by Teachers of Tomorrow were nominated for the prestigious 2015 Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST). In 2016 the White House announced one of these teachers was selected as a winner for the state of Texas. These are the highest national awards mathematics and science teachers for exceptional teaching.