South Carolina Schools – Hiring Teachers Now! Summer is not the only time teaching jobs become available. In fact, there are currently over 250 teaching positions vacant in school districts across the state.
Districts are excited about having new applicants who are working toward professional certification through our program. This week alone we have seen lists of openings from various Human Resources Departments. A few examples with links to job openings include:
- Charleston County School District https://www.applitrack.com/ccsdschools/onlineapp/
- Marlboro County School District http://www.marlboro.k12.sc.us/departments/human_resources
- Richland County School District Two https://www.richland2.org/Departments/Human-Resources
Again, this is just a small sample of job boards and there are many statewide in various subject areas. A few districts, like Sumter County School District (http://hr.sumterschools.net/ ), also offer a signing bonus for specific positions based upon location and need. A few other job search tips:
- View our Resources page for more district information (https://www.teachersoftomorrow.org/southcarolina/features )
- The Center for Recruitment, Retention, & Advancement (CERRA at https://www.cerra.org/ ) maintains a portal for openings across the state
- Charter Schools also need teachers:
South Carolina Charter School District (http://www.sccharter.org/careers/ )
South Carolina Charter School Alliance (https://www.sccharterschools.org/charter-school-jobs )
Check out the district job sites in your area and even surrounding areas. South Carolina classrooms are waiting for you!!!