The demand for qualified individuals with wage-earning experience to teach our students valuable career developing skills continues to grow! In 2017, Texas state legislature passed a bill allowing those who have graduated high school to earn an industry-based teaching certification through a Career and Technology Education (CTE) program.
CTE teachers work with students to teach integral life skills as they prepare to enter the workforce. Such technical knowledge is a key component of helping set students up for success. To achieve this goal, Texas Teachers provide scrupulous training that prepares individuals to become excellent educators with the highest integrity.
We offer a multitude of CTE Certifications, housed within the following 13 career groups!
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Education and Training
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
The requirements may vary slightly depending on the trade in which you have experience. If you have questions about which trade you qualify for, give us a call so we can discuss your past work experience.
After selecting the option which determines your eligibility, the following is required by all:
- To confirm your qualifying option, you will need to submit a Statement of Qualifications
- You must have current licensure for your approved occupation; Marketing is the only exception. This area does not require licensure.
- Enroll with Texas Teachers to complete a required Texas Educator Preparation Program
Texas Teachers is committed to making our program accessible to you, and we are proud to offer various program entrance options. Acquired occupational experience simply has no substitute, which is why CTE teachers are extremely valuable. In fact, school districts – the people who would love to one day hire you – frequently ask us for a list of newly qualified CTE teachers. Will your name be on this list?