You must create an account with the ETS Praxis Site. This will allow you to access the testing site and view testing locations, time, and complete the registration for the exam. You will need a valid email address & social security number to complete registration.
Once you have registered with the ETS Praxis site, you will immediately be able to register for an exam as well as view any scores and testing history/scores through your Praxis Homepage.
If you would prefer to simply view testing centers and testing windows, and not register for an account, you may do so at the Praxis Test Centers and Dates page.
After you create your ETS Praxis account, you will be taken to your Praxis Homepage. Click on the link that reads “Register for a Praxis Test” to begin. Simply follow the steps on the screens to view the available exams. Make sure that you select “SC Department of Education” when prompted to select a state agency.
The ETS Praxis site does a very thorough job of walking you through the registration process. Simply follow the steps on the screen to complete registration.
The ETS Praxis Study Companions are free resources that are available on the ETS website. They provide a breakdown of the test, a listing of competencies covered, strategies for answering questions and sample test questions with answers. We recommend utilizing the state preparation manual and then adding a leading professional study resource.
Below are links to the ETS study materials for each subject offered by South Carolina Teachers:
• Middle School English Language Arts (Grades 5–9)
• Middle School Mathematics (Grades 5–9)
• Middle School Science (Grades 5–9)
• Middle School Social Studies (Grades 5–9)
• Secondary Level Biology (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Chemistry (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level English (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Health (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level History (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Mathematics (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Physics (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Science (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Social Studies (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Agriculture (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Business and Marketing Technology (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Family and Consumer Science (Grades 9–12)
• Secondary Level Industrial Technology (Grades 9–12)
• All Level Art (Grades K–12)
• All Level Music (Grades K–12)
• All Level Physical Education (Grades K–12)
• All Level Theatre (Grades K–12)
• All Level Media Specialist/Library Science (Grades K–12)
• World Languages: French
• World Languages: German
• World Languages: Mandarin Chinese
• World Languages: Spanish
Below are links to the ETS study materials for the Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) Exam:
• Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades K–6
• Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades 5–9
• Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades 7–12
The ETS Praxis site also provides Interactive Practice Tests, which contain authentic test questions and convenient online access for 90 days. In addition, you can submit your test and receive your simulated score as if you had taken the real exam. This resource is highly recommended. They will give you the valuable opportunity to take a test simulation directly from the test developers.
• ETS Praxis Interactive Practice Tests
• South Carolina Education Association Workshops
• Khan Academy (free resource for specific exam competencies)
• Quizlet (free resource)
Study.com is offering 50% with promo code StudyTeach2020.
*The discount is set up to charge monthly, but the savings are the same. This way, you are not locked in for the entire six months.
1. Go to the Study.com website and create an account or sign in.
2. Select a Test Prep.
3. At the payment screen, click “I have a coupon code” and enter the code.
4. The coupon field does not open unless you click on the text.
5. Get started!
Research & Education Association offers an exclusive discount of 30% off ALL test prep books or digital products. The user who purchases must use promo code RTX67 to receive a discount. www.rea.com
240Tutoring offers an exclusive discount of 25% off our regular monthly subscription price. Any user who subscribes using the links below will pay just $30 per month and have unlimited access to all study guides offered by 240 Tutoring for their state. Once you sign up through the link, you will make their first monthly payment of $30 and have immediate access to our study guides.