Part of the amazing strength of Texas Teachers is our ability to get teachers hired by making sure our teachers help solve the Texas teacher shortage. Each year, the Texas Education agency is required to list the “Official” approved state-level shortage areas.
So – for the 2020-2021 school year the official teacher shortage areas are:
- Bilingual / English as a Second Language – Elementary and Secondary levels
- Special Education – Elementary and Secondary levels
- Career and Technical Education – Secondary levels
- Technology Applications and Computer Science – Elementary and Secondary levels
- Mathematics – Secondary levels
What does that mean for you? If you want to teach in your first choice school / district, it means you should get certified in one of these areas because chances are there will be a teaching job available.
Now is the time – you can be teaching next fall if you get to work and get your certification testing, training and observing complete!