Abbott signed a landmark school finance bill into law on June 11. The new law, known as HB 3, will pump about $6.5 billion in new spending into the state’s schools. The law requires districts to use at least 30 percent of the new funding on pay raises for staff. Of that, 75 percent must go toward teacher pay raises and raises for school-based counselors, librarians and school nurses. The remaining 25 percent goes to other staff members.

Because it is not just teacher pay raises across the board, each district now has to adjust their budget for teacher pay based on what they are receiving.

Here is what we have seen so far – we will add to it as we see more!

Salary IncreaseNew Starting SalaryStarting Salary Inc
Belton ISD6.50%$50,200$2,900
Brenhan ISD$4,000$46,000$2,019
Clear Creek ISD3.50%$55,750$2,150
Clint ISD4-6%
Conroe ISD3.50%$2,500
Dallas ISD$54,000$2,000
Denton ISD$54,500$1,300
Elkhart ISD$3,000
Frisco ISD$54,500$1,500
Greenville ISD9%
Hays ISD4.35%
Houston ISD3-15%
Huffman ISD4%
Humble ISD7%$56,700$2,300
Kileen ISD6.6-10%$50,300$3,300
Lochart ISD$2,500
Norside ISD4.60%$5,445$1,965
North East ISD3%$53,000
Pine Tree ISD$4,000$51,250
Plainview ISD3.5-4.5%
Red Oak ISD$48,000$3,000
San Marco ISD3%$49,662
Tidehaven ISD$4,000
Van Vleck ISD5%
Waco ISD5.20%$48,000$1,400
Springtown ISD$4,000$46,110
Lubbock ISD5-6%$45,000
Beaumont ISD7-9%$48,000$3,000
Fort Worth2%$54,000$1,000