At the beginning of October, we welcomed Breast Cancer Awareness month. Teachers of Tomorrow aims to draw attention to this important month in efforts to help raise awareness. By speaking about breast cancer, Teachers of Tomorrow hopes to help others discover resources, and speak about the importance of screening for early detection. We have gathered a short list to help you learn how to take action, discover foundations to donate to, provide statistics to raise awareness and share some of our favorite resources to learn more.
How to Take Personal Action:
- Schedule a standard physical.
- If you’re over the age of 40, schedule a mammogram.
- Collect family and personal health history.
Consider Donating to Worthwhile Causes:
- Susan G. Komen – Bank of America will match your donation until October 31, 2020!
- American Cancer Society – Help patients receive the support they need.
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation – Your donation will be matched dollar for dollar!
Noteworthy Stats & Facts:
- Breast Cancer is the most common type of cancer in the US.
- While more predominantly diagnosed in women, breast cancer occurs in both men and women.
- In 2020, an estimated 276,480 cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in women.
Our Favorite Resources: